Tuesday, January 29, 2013

THE LIZZIE BENNET DIARIES

Last April saw the commencement of The Lizzie Bennet Diaries, an online adaptation of Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice.  I’ve heard of it, of course, but never bothered to watch because I’m generally not a big fan of modernising a classic.  Anyhow, with yesterday’s celebration of P&P’s 200th anniversary I came across the home page and finally gave in – just one episode.  I watched ten.  In quick succession.  I am now hooked!

Ashley Clements as Lizzie Bennet

I really love this modern-day Lizzie Bennet video blog.  The cast is amazing, and I especially love Ashley Clements who plays Elizabeth, and Mary Kate Wiles who plays Lydia.  Elizabeth's impersonations of Mrs Bennet are hilarious.  If, like me, you have not given this web series a shot yet – do yourself a favour!  I’m sure any fan of P&P would enjoy this.

Mary Kate Wiles as Lydia Bennet

Here are the first few episodes to get you started:

Episode 1:
Episode 2:
Episode 3:
Episode 4:
Episode 5:
Episode 6:
Episode 7:

(Lizzie's reaction to Darcy's comments is fabulous!)

Episode 8:
Episode 9:
Episode 10:

The remainder of the episodes are available on the website.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Twitter

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...